Covonia Night Time Formula, a cough suppressant for night time coughs. For age 12 years and upwards.
“Covonia Night Time is powerful, but comforting. It can really help relieve your cough to help you sleep.”
Active Ingredients / 5ml
Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide BP 6.65mg - Cough suppressant
Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride PhEur10mg - Sedative and decongestant
1. Why can’t I see Covonia Night Time Formula on the shelves in my local supermarket and pharmacy?
Covonia Night Time Formula is a “Pharmacy Only Medicine” and as such it can only be purchased over-the counter at your local pharmacy or the in-store pharmacy counter of your supermarket.
2. My Covonia Night Time Formula sometimes tastes very strong (stronger than usual). Why?
This is a common query from regular Covonia users. The most likely explanation for this experience is that the bottle was not adequately shaken. Some of the oils used in the formulation tend to separate to the surface when the bottle is at rest and therefore the product carries the instruction to “shake the bottle” before use.
3. Can children use Covonia Night Time Formula?
Covonia Night Time Formula can be taken by children aged 12 years and upwards. Please read the recommended dose on the back label of the bottle.
4. Will Covonia Night Time Formula make me drowsy?
Yes, Covonia Night Time Formula may make you drowsy and therefore should only be taken before retiring to bed.
5. How does Covonia Night Time Formula work?
Covonia Night Time Formula contains Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide which reduces the desire to cough in people with troublesome unproductive (dry) coughs. Diphenhydramine hydrochloride (an antihistamine) helps to dry up your runny nose and relieve nasal congestion.
6. Can I use Covonia Night Time Formula if I’m pregnant or breastfeeding?
Avoid use if pregnant or breastfeeding.
7. Does Covonia Night Time Formula contain sugar?
The product contains contains no sucrose, but does contain both sorbitol and maltitol. People with hereditary fructose intolerance should not use this product. This should be taken into account if you have hereditary fructose intolerance.
8. Does Covonia Night Time Formula contain alcohol?
The medicine contains 7.3% vol ethanol (alcohol), which is equivalent to 22ml of beer and 9ml of wine per dose