A pharmacy-only medicine for relief from dry coughs as in the common cold and bronchitis.
“Tastes like strong stuff. You can really feel it working!”
Active Ingredients / 5ml
Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide BP 7.5mg - Cough suppressant
Menthol BP 2.5mg - Decongestant
1. Why can’t I see Covonia Bronchial Balsam on the shelves in my local supermarket and pharmacy?
Covonia Bronchial Balsam is a “Pharmacy Only Medicine” and as such it can only be purchased over-the counter at your local pharmacy or the in-store pharmacy counter of your supermarket.
2. My Bronchial Balsam sometimes tastes very strong (stronger than usual). Why?
This is a common query from regular Covonia users. The most likely explanation for this experience is that the bottle was not adequately shaken. Some of the oils used in the formulation tend to separate to the surface when the bottle is at rest and therefore the product carries the instruction to “shake the bottle” before use.
3. Can children use Covonia Bronchial Balsam?
Covonia Bronchial Balsam can be taken by children aged 12 years and upwards. Please read the recommended dose on the back label of the bottle.
4. Will Covonia Bronchial Balsam make me drowsy?
Covonia Bronchial Balsam normally works without causing drowsiness, but care should be taken initially as rare exceptions can occur.
5. How does Covonia Bronchial Balsam work?
Covonia Bronchial Balsam contains Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide which reduces the desire to cough in people with troublesome unproductive (dry) coughs. Menthol also acts to relieve irritation and reduce congestion to help you breathe more easily.
6. Can I use Covonia Bronchial Balsam if I’m pregnant or breastfeeding?
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before use if pregnant and avoid use if breastfeeding.
7. Does Covonia Bronchial Balsam contain sugar?
The product contains 3.07g of sucrose per 5ml dose. This should be taken into account if you have diabetes.
8. Does Covonia Bronchial Balsam contain alcohol?
The product contains very small amounts of ethanol (alcohol), less than 100mg per dose (0.18% vol).