Lyclear Creme Rinse - 118ml
How does it work?
Lyclear creme rinse contains the active ingredient permethrin, which is an insecticide used to treat head lice infestations.
Permethrin kills lice and their eggs by poisoning them.
To treat head lice, the creme rinse should be used after the hair has been washed and towel dried. Sufficient creme rinse to saturate the hair and scalp should be applied.
The lotion should be left on for 10 minutes, before rinsing the hair thoroughly with water.
What is it used for?
- This preparation is for external use only.
- If this preparation is introduced into the eyes, rinse with plenty of water.
- This preparation may affect permed, coloured or bleached hair.
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist if severe or prolonged signs of skin reactions or scalp irritation occurs.
Not to be used in
- Infants under six months of age, except on medical advice.
This medicine should not be used if you are allergic to any of its ingredients. Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you have previously experienced such an allergy.
If you feel you have experienced an allergic reaction, stop using this medicine and inform your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Certain medicines should not be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding. However, other medicines may be safely used in pregnancy or breastfeeding providing the benefits to the mother outweigh the risks to the unborn baby. Always inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy, before using any medicine.
- This medicine is not recommended for use in pregnancy unless considered essential by your doctor. Seek medical advice from your doctor.
- This medicine may pass into breast milk. It is recommended to avoid the use of this medicine when breastfeeding. Seek medical advice from your doctor.
Medicines and their possible side effects can affect individual people in different ways. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with this medicine. Just because a side effect is stated here, it does not mean that all people using this medicine will experience that or any side effect.
- Local skin reaction e.g. redness, itchiness, burning.
- Flushing of the skin due to widening of the small blood vessels (erythema).
The side effects listed above may not include all of the side effects reported by the medicine's manufacturer.
For more information about any other possible risks associated with this medicine, please read the information provided with the medicine or consult your doctor or pharmacist.