NYDA Head Lice Treatment Spray - 100ml
Eradicates headlice and nites. 92% Dimeticone Spray
How does it work?
NYDA pump spray is a medical device that contains 92% dimeticone as its main ingredient. Dimeticone is a silicone-based substance. It is used to treat head lice infestations.
NYDA works in a different way to conventional insecticides for head lice. Instead of poisoning the parasites by chemical means, the dimeticone in NYDA pump spray works by physically coating and smothering the lice. The dimeticone fills the breathing system of the lice, including the nymphs and eggs, and this suffocates and kills them. Head lice cannot become resistant to NYDA because it works in this physical way.
NYDA should be applied to dry hair. Spray the product carefully over all the hair, then massage the solution in well until the hair is completely wetted. The amount of NYDA needed depends on the thickness and length of the hair. Leave the hair for at least 30 minutes then comb carefully with the lice comb to remove the suffocated lice. The solution should then be left in the hair for at least eight hours (eg overnight) to make sure any lice and eggs remaining in the hair are killed. You can wash the solution out after at least eight hours using your normal shampoo.
All family members with head lice should be treated on the same day to avoid re-infestation.
After eight to ten days you should check that the treatment has been successful. (Any eggs that survived the treatment will have hatched by this time.) If necessary, the treatment can be repeated straight away, as described above.
What is it used for?
- This preparation is for external use only.
- Avoid inhaling the solution.
- Avoid contact of the solution with the eyes and inside of the nose, mouth and throat.
- If the spray accidentally gets into the eyes, rinse for 10 to 15 minutes with plenty of water. If irritation persists, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- The product contains some ingredients that are flammable. Do not use the spray near naked flames or lit objects, such as gas and electric fires. Do not smoke during the treatment.
- This product may react with certain hair care and hair tinting lotions.
Not to be used in
- Children under two years of age.
This product should not be used if you are allergic to one or any of its ingredients. Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you have previously experienced such an allergy.
If you feel you have experienced an allergic reaction, stop using this product and inform your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Certain medicines should not be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding. However, other medicines may be safely used in pregnancy or breastfeeding providing the benefits to the mother outweigh the risks to the unborn baby. Always inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy, before using any medicine.
- Although this product is not absorbed through the skin, the manufacturer states that it should not be used by women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, because they have a lack of experience with its use during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Medicines and their possible side effects can affect individual people in different ways. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with this product. Because a side effect is stated here, it does not mean that all people using this product will experience that or any side effect.
- Allergic skin reactions, which may show as skin redness, swelling or rashes.
The side effects listed above may not include all of the side effects reported by the product's manufacturer.
For more information about any other possible risks associated with this product, please read the information provided in the package or consult your doctor or pharmacist.
How can this product affect other medicines?
This product does not affect other medicines.