Salactol Wart Paint - 10ml
How does Salactol work?
Salactol paint contains the active ingredients salicylic acid and lactic acid.
Salicylic acid is a type of medicine known as a keratolytic, it works by breaking down keratin, a protein that forms part of the skin structure. This results in the shedding of skin cells from the affected area.
In the treatment of warts, verrucas calluses and corns the effect of salicylic acid is to remove the affected skin over a period of time. If successful, the new skin that grows underneath will be healthy.
This preparation also contains lactic acid, which enhances the availability of the salicylic acid by helping to breakdown the surface of the skin.
What is salactol used for?
- This medicine is for external use only.
- Do not apply to normal healthy areas of skin. If the gel comes into contact with normal skin, wash it off with plenty of water.
- Avoid use on broken or inflamed skin.
- This medicine is not suitable for use on the face, or for warts affecting anal or genital areas.
- Verrucas and warts can take up to 12 weeks to disappear and it is important to persevere with the treatment.
Not to be used in
- People with severe blood circulatory disorders, such as peripheral vascular disease.
- Moles, birthmarks, hairy warts or on any other skin lesions.
This medicine should not be used if you are allergic to any of its ingredients. Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you have previously experienced such an allergy.
If you feel you have experienced an allergic reaction, stop using this medicine and inform your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Certain medicines should not be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding. However, other medicines may be safely used in pregnancy or breastfeeding providing the benefits to the mother outweigh the risks to the unborn baby. Always inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy, before using any medicine.
- There are no known harmful effects when this medicine is used by pregnant or breastfeeding mothers.
Medicines and their possible side effects can affect individual people in different ways.
- Skin irritation is a side effect associated with this preparation.
For more information about any other possible risks associated with this medicine, please read the information provided with the medicine or consult your doctor or pharmacist.
How can salactol affect other medicines?
There are no known interactions with other medicines.