Relieves nausea and vomiting associated with a migraine.
A migraine is a moderate to severe headache that is characterised by a throbbing pain on one side of the head. This pain is usually accompanied by nausea and sensitivity to light and sound. If you suspect you’re about to experience a migraine attack, then Buccastem M tablets can help ease your feelings of nausea (sickness).
The active ingredient in Buccastem M tablets is prochlorperazine maleate which is an effective treatment for nausea and vomiting. These tablets easily dissolve along the gum line, meaning the active ingredient will enter your blood stream quicker. When taken alongside a painkiller, Buccastem M tablets can lessen the intensity of your migraine.
Prochlorperazine maleate, 3mg.
Other ingredients: Compressible sugar, povidone K30, xanthan gum, locust bean gum, talc, magnesium stearate and riboflavin sodium phosphate.
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
Keep the blisters in the outer carton in order to protect from light.
This medicinal product does not require any special temperature storage condition.
Preparation and Usage
- Adults aged 18 years and over: One to two tablets to be placed under the lip for a maximum of 2 days.
- Place the tablet high-up along the top gum under the upper lip either side of your mouth and allow it to dissolve slowly and completely. The tablet will soften and adhere to the gum, taking, for example, between 1 and 2 hours to dissolve completely.
- Most people find that after a few minutes they no longer notice the tablet. The tablet should not be moved about the mouth with the tongue as this will cause it to dissolve more quickly.
- If two tablets are required, the second tablet should be placed on the top gum adjacent to the first
tablet, but not on top of it. The tablet(s) is best taken after meals. Do not chew or swallow the tablet.
- If you wear dentures, the tablet(s) may be placed in any comfortable position between lip and gum.
- If you forget to take a dose it is not necessary to double the dose next time. Just carry on taking the medicine at the recommended dose.
Please read the enclosed leaflet before use – Click Here
Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
Do not take alcohol, tranquillisers, sedatives or drugs for high blood pressure (alpha adrenoreceptor blockers) without seeking medical advice as they can interact with this.
Do not drive or operate machinery if affected by drowsiness.
You should ask your doctor before taking Buccastem M Buccal Tablets if:
- you are elderly
- you are pregnant or breast feeding
- you have problems with your liver
- you have blood problems
- you have epilepsy or Parkinson’s disease
- you have glaucoma
- you have problems with your prostate gland