Canesten oral capsule is an effective single dose treatment for vaginal thrush. Thrush is a common yeast infection that many women experience at some point in their lives. Symptoms include itching, irritation, burning sensation when you go the loo or unusual vaginal discharge.
The active ingredient in Canesten oral capsule is fluconazole, an antifungal that works to restore the balance of good and bad bacteria in your body and fights against the fungi or yeast that may be causing your thrush. This treatment is also suitable for men who experience symptoms of penile thrush.
Fluconazole 150mg. Other ingredients: Colloidal Silicon Dioxide, Lactose Monohydrate, Magnesium Stearate, Maize Starch, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate.
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children. Do not store above 25°C
Preparation and Usage
Swallow the capsule whole with a glass of water (with or without food).
If symptoms persist for more than 7 days, see your doctor.
Please read the enclosed leaflet before use – Click here
Do not use if:
If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to fluconazole, to other medicines you have taken to treat fungal infections or to any of the other ingredients of Canesten Thrush Oral Capsule.
If you are taking astemizole or terfenadine (antihistamine medicines for allergies), cisapride (used for stomach upsets), pimozide (used for treating mental problems), quinidine (used for treating heart arrhythmia), erythromycin (an antibiotic for treating infections).
If you have any of the following symptoms do not use Canesten Thrush Oral Capsule and see your doctor as soon as possible:
- Irregular vaginal bleeding.
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding or a blood-stained discharge
- Ulcers, blisters or sores of the vagina or vulva
- Lower abdominal pain
- Pain or difficulty passing urine
- Fever or chills
- Feeling sick or vomiting.
- A foul smelling discharge from the vagina
- Do not use Canesten Thrush Oral Capsule if you are pregnant, trying for a baby or breast-feeding.
Do not use Canesten Thrush Oral Capsule without talking to your doctor first if:
- Your sexual partner does not have thrush.
- You have sores, ulcers or blisters on your penis
- You have an abnormal discharge from your penis.
- Your penis has started to smell.
- You have pain or difficulty in passing urine.
Before using Canesten® Thrush Oral Capsule, you should see your doctor if:
- You are unsure whether you have thrush or this is the first time you have had these symptoms.
- You have had more than two infections of thrush in the last six months.
- You or your partner have ever had a sexually transmitted disease
- You are aged under 16 or over 60.
- You have ever had an allergic reaction to fluconazole or any other vaginal antifungal products.
- You have had any disease or illness affecting the liver or kidneys, or have had any unexplained jaundice.
- You have heart problems, including heart rhythm problems.
- You suffer from any other chronic disease or illness.