Pharmacy 24 Hours Hayfever Tablets gives you Chlorphenamine tablets that help treat symptoms of allergies caused by hayfever, pet dander, or hives. Each tablet contains 4mg Chlorphenamine.
The active ingredient Chlorphenamine maleate, which is commonly used to treat hayfever symptoms. This product also contains lactose.
Do not store above 30°C.Store in the original package.
Preparation and Usage
Dosage: Chlorphenamine tablets should be taken orally with a drink of water
Adults: Normal dosage for adults and the elderly: one tablet three or four times a day.
Children: Children from 6-12 years: half a tablet three or four times a day. Children under 6 years: not recommended.
Patients with liver or kidney problems: Swallow whole with a glass of water. Do not exceed the daily dose
These tablets are not intended for children under the age of 6 years
Please read the enclosed leaflet before use – Click Here
Possible adverse effects may include hypotension, muscular weakness, incoordination, euphoria, visual disturbances, tremor, agitation, insomnia, palpitations, bronchoconstriction, facial swelling, intestinal disturbance and higher doses may cause unwanted effects associated with anticholinergicaction e.g. dry mouth, dry eyes, urinary retention and constipation. There is a possibility ofnitrosamine formation when taken with dietary nitrite.
- Do not exceed stated dose
- May cause drowsiness
- If affected do not drive or operate heavy machinery
- Avoid alcoholic drink
- Contraindications: Hypersensitivity to chlorphenamine or to any of the excipients.
- Patients with rare hereditary problems of galactose intolerance, the Lapp lactase deficiency orglucose-galactose malabsorption should not take this medicine.
- Interactions with other medicinal products and other forms of interaction.
- There has been a report of adverse effects caused by concomitant use with phenytoin, but drug interactions are rare.
- The most serious problem is the possible potentiation of the effects of alcohol.
- Pregnancy and lactation: Not recommended in pregnancy and lactation.
- Effects on ability to drive and use machines: Chlorphenamine as with most antihistamines may cause drowsiness and dizziness and as such, there may well be an adverse effect on driving ability and handling of machinery.
THIS IS A PHARMACY RESTRICTED PRODUCT