Sno Tears Eye Drops (10ml Dropper Bottle): Sno tears is used topically to provide tear-like lubrication for the symptomatic relief of dry eyes and eye irritation associated with deficient tear production. Sno tears is also used as an ocular lubricant for artificial eyes.
How to use this product:
Unless your doctor has told you differently, the standard dose is to place one or two drops of the solution in the corner of the eye, nearest the nose, as often as is required during the day.
Adults, children and elderly patients: The number of drops used should be enough to cover the eye properly. Follow these instructions carefully.
- Wash hands thoroughly.
- Twist off the cap.
- Look upwards and gently pull down the lower eyelid.
- Hold the Sno* tears bottle just above your eye and gently squeeze until some liquid falls into the gap between your eyeball and lower eyelid.
- Release the lower eyelid, and move your eye, while open to ensure the solution covers the eye completely.
- Repeat the process in the other eye if necessary.
Cautions and Precautions to be aware of before using this product:
- Hypersensitivity to any component of the preparation.
- This product contains benzalkonium chloride, therefore, soft contact lenses should be removed during treatment with Sno tears.
- There is no evidence of safety of the drug in human pregnancy, but it has been in widespread use for many years without apparent ill consequence. If any therapy is needed in pregnancy, this preparation can be used if recommended by a physician.
- You should carefully read all product packaging and labels prior to use
How to look after your drops:
- Do not use the eye drops after the expiry date. This is marked on the bottle and the carton after the letters “EXP”.
- Store Sno* tears eye drops below 25C (normal room temperature).
- Sno* tears is sterile until first opened. It is important to keep the bottle as clean as possible during use.
- Dispose of any remaining contents 28 days after first opening the bottle. It may be helpful to make a written record on the tube of the date on which you opened it. Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
- Remember this medicine is for you. Do not give it to someone else.
The active ingredient is polyvinyl alcohol. Each bottle contains 10 ml of solution of which 1.4% w/v is polyvinyl alcohol. The other ingredients are benzalkonium chloride, disodium edetate, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium chloride, sodium hydroxide and purified water.
Please read the enclosed leaflet before use – Click Here.