Diethylamine, carbomers, cetomacrogol, cocoyl caprylocaprate, isopropyl alcohol, liquid paraffin, perfume creme 45 (containing benzyl benzoate), propylene glycol, purified water.
Do not store above 30°C.
The pump dispenser is a pressurised container. It should be protected from direct sunlight and must not be pierced or burned even when empty.
This medicine should be kept out of reach of children.
Preparation and Usage
Adults and children 14 years and over: The gel should be rubbed gently into the skin 3-4 times daily. Depending on the size of the affected site to be treated, 2-4g (a circular shaped mass approximately 2.0-2.5cm in diameter) of gel should be applied 3-4 times a day. The maximum daily dose is 16g. Therefore the maximum weekly dose is 112g.
For arthritis pain it may be necessary to apply the gel for up to 7 days (to allow its effect to build up on the joint) before an improvement in pain is noticed. The gel can be used for up to 14 days under pharmacy supervision.
After application, the hands should be washed unless they are the site being treated.
Please read the enclosed leaflet before use – Click here
This medicine is not recommended for use in children under 14 years of age.
DO NOT use Voltarol Osteoarthritis Joint Pain Relief 1.16% Gel if you:
- have an allergy (hypersensitivity) to any of the ingredients in the product
- have ever had an allergic reaction to diclofenac or other medicines used to treat pain, fever or inflammation, such as aspirin or ibuprofen.
- Symptoms of an allergic reaction to these medicines may include: asthma, wheezing or shortness of breath; skin rash or hives; swelling of the face or tongue; runny nose.
- have severe joint pain of recent onset that is not related to an injury or period of overuse.
- feel ill, have a temperature or any other symptoms that accompany the pain.
- are in the last 3 months of your pregnancy